Nexus Connexion was formed in April 2002 as our BEE partner. Nexus shareholders all have a common interest and participate actively in our company.
Nexus Connexion’s shareholding has been structured so that it is as broad-based as possible. It has a constituency base that includes women's groups, youth groups, other developmental NGOs, labour union business arms and businesses represented by individuals and corporates. These groups are spread across all provinces with the exception of Gauteng. Gauteng is excluded because it is catered for by the various national groups based there, for instance Nozala Investments.
These entities add up to 134 SMMEs, NGOs, business groups, trade union business arms and business persons (entrepreneurs with executive management and experience in the telecoms sector). Parties hold a meaningful portion of the equity stake and have been carefully screened and selected based on experience, successful track records and their ability to add value to our company.
The shareholder base of our BEE partner, Nexus Connexions covers:
- 52 Strategic individuals from HDI target groups, each with an average of 20 years of relevant work experience.
- 40 SMMEs - involving 750 employees.
- 9 Women's groups - involving 5 500 HDI women.
- 8 Youth groups - involving 97 000 HDI youths.
- 7 Training organisations - training 7900 learners per year.
- 9 Rural development agencies - involving 13 700 HDI South Africans from all corners of the country.
- 7 Other broad-based community development agency groups, reaching 5 000 HDI individuals.
- 2 Trade union's business arms, representing 450 000 members.
Learn more about Nexus Connexion: http://www.nconnexion.co.za.
View our shareholder list.