At Neotel we want to make sustainability the centre of all our activities.
Sustainability is not just about green initiatives or reducing our carbon footprint. Sustainability in business terms means securing sustained profits, co-operative relationships with stakeholders, aligning business products and services with societal interest, mitigating negative societal impacts and enhancing positive impacts.
Neotel has a strong commitment to the principles of Broad-based Black Economic Empowerment, ongoing CSI projects and continuous efforts to improve environmental performance through training and staff awareness.
Our projects include:
- The Neovate Park Paper Recycling Programme
- 7 tons of paper recycled in 2012
- 185 trees saved
- 3 063kg of pollution prevented
- 53.65 m3 of landfill space freed up
- An integrated waste management centre
- Recycles all our plastic, paper, cans and glass
- We are effectively now recycling 65% of total waste generated
- Continuously working towards zero waste
- Establishing a composting facility
- Composting all our garden- and raw kitchen waste
- Calculating our carbon footprint
- Launching an e-waste programme
- In excess of 99 tons of e-waste recycled in last six months alone
- Light sensors installed in all offices
- HVAC (ventilation systems) shutdown and start up times managed on occupancy
- Optimising free cooling in the Data Centre
We always strive to inspire possibilities and connect to the world in the most sustainable, eco-friendly way.