(Last revised August 2016)
This privacy statement is incorporated into and is subject to Neotel's terms and conditions as reflected on this website. Neotel is committed to respecting the privacy of your personal information. This statement regulates the manner in which we collect, use, disclose, transfer and store your personal information.
Personal information for the purpose of this document is information that can be used alone or in combination to uniquely identify you, such as your name and surname, identity number, physical mailing address, e-mail address, geographical location, telephone numbers and credit card number.
Use of Personal Information
Neotel collects, stores and uses your personal information in order to:
- process orders or applications for Neotel products and/or services
- communicate requested information to you
- to communicate account status
- respond to queries, responses or complaints submitted by you; and
- create products or services that may meet your future requirements
Disclosure of Personal Information
In all situations other than those specifically set out in this statement, Neotel will not disclose your personal information without giving you notice thereof and an opportunity to indicate that your personal information should not be disclosed. In addition, Neotel will not sell your personal information to third parties unless you give us your specific permission to do so.
Neotel may use and/or disclose your personal information as and when necessary:
- in order to comply with legal and regulatory requirements and applicable laws
- to credit grantors and/or credit bureau and/or banks and/or other financial institutions in order to ascertain information relating to your creditworthiness and for fraud prevention purposes and in order to process any payment transactions where necessary;
- to attorneys and/or debt collection agencies if you breach any agreements with Neotel
- to Neotel's employees, agents and/or consultants and/or trade partners, but only to the extent necessary and in order to provide Neotel products, services and the online services to you;
- to consumer research companies for the purposes of conducting research on improving Neotel products, services and online services, only after you have exercised your right to opt-in;
- for the purposes of Neotel informing or sending information to you about any new services or products offered by Neotel and/or by any of Neotel's agents and/or consultants and/or trade partners which we consider may be of interest to you. Neotel will comply with the direct marketing provisions of the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008 (CPA) and the CPA regulations, including the provisions relating to the direct marketing registry. You may opt-in or opt-out from receiving such communications, at any time. If you wish to opt-out, please contact us at email@example.com; and
- across South African borders to subsidiary companies in order to process your application, do Network configurations, generate bills, etc. In all cases we adhere to strict privacy standards ensuring that information we transfer is encrypted.
Security of Personal Information
Whilst Neotel cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personal information, Neotel takes all reasonable steps or measures to keep such information secure. To this end, Neotel has implemented appropriate and reasonable technology, policies and processes aimed at protecting the confidentiality and integrity of your personal information.
Nevertheless, internet communications are insecure unless they have been encrypted and/or appropriate security safeguards implemented. Accordingly, Neotel assumes no responsibility or liability of any nature whatsoever for the interception or loss of personal information beyond Neotel's control.
Please note that Neotel may sometimes permit links to other websites belonging to or operated by third parties through the Neotel website. Neotel cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of such third parties and recommend that you check the privacy policies or statements of each site that you visit.
Deletion or destruction of personal information
You may request that we delete and destroy any of your personal information provided that you have finalised your relationship with Neotel. Neotel will however retain and use your personal information for as long as is necessary to comply with our legal and business obligations, resolve disputes and enforce this policy.
Update and Access to personal information
You may request access or an update to your personal information that we hold by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you wish to restrict or block web browser cookies which are set on your computer or mobile device then you can do this through your web browser settings. The Help function within your browser should tell you how. Neotel collects, stores and uses this information in order to compile non-personal statistical information about browsing habits, click-patterns and access to Neotel's online services.
Right to amend this statement
Neotel may, at any time, amend this statement. The revised statement will be posted on this website together with the date of revision. Any changes will apply only from the published date of the revision.